Art Sales Consultant
Update day: 07-05-2023
Location: Oxford South East
Category: Arts / Design
Job type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000 a year
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Oxford Gallery in the role of Art Sales Consultant.
Our Oxford gallery is located within the recently regenerated Westgate centre on the lower ground floor. Oxford has a rich history with the architecture dating back to the medieval period and is known for having one of the world’s oldest universities. Our gallery has a relaxing and welcoming feel to it, perfect for viewing our stunning collection of artwork.
Castle Fine Art is the UK’s market leading publisher and retailer of original and limited-edition art. Our success has been maintained through the toughest of times and we continue to grow and develop our business. As part of our team, you will work in a beautiful environment, introducing our exceptional art (by artists including Bob Dylan, Ronnie Wood, Billy Connolly and Lorenzo Quinn) to our loyal client base.
In this exciting and well rewarded sales role, you will be part of an exceptional team whose love for our art and passion for customer service are key to our success. We offer a competitive salary, plus excellent uncapped commission and bonus with on-target earnings of c.£35k. We will also a guaranteed minimum commission and bonus of £500 a month for your first 12 months. In addition, you will benefit from excellent training and development throughout your career with us.
This is a full time, permanent role of 37.5 hours per week, including some evening and weekend work.
Art Sales Consultant remuneration and benefits:
- Excellent bonus and uncapped commission structure (£35k OTE)
- Guaranteed £500 commission and bonus for first 6 months
- Staff discounts
- Perkbox benefits - Read more on the Perkbox website
- Pension scheme
- 28 days initial holiday allowance, plus 1 additional day for each year of service (to a maximum of 33 days per annum)
- Relocation packages available for progression into management roles
Art Sales Consultant responsibilities
- Providing exceptional client service to our loyal and growing client base
- Sale of our exciting artwork to clients, both in our gallery and via phone and email
- Achievement of individual and gallery team sales targets
- Developing long term client relationships and nurturing their love of our art
- Identifying possible business opportunities through local business links
- Effective marketing and promotional activity, for example assisting with organisation and support for gallery events and exhibitions
Required and desirable Art Sales Consultant skills and experience
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets (preferred)
- Previous 1-2-1 sales experience (preferred)
- Highly motivated to achieve against set targets
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and by phone
- Confident, highly presentable and with an understanding of exceptional customer service
- Personality is central to making a success of this role and we welcome enthusiastic, engaging individuals who enjoy interaction with clients
- A driving license is desirable (for possible home consultation visits with clients)
- Detailed prior knowledge of art is not required, as full training is provided, but previous sales experience is Preferred
Please note this role entails moderate physical duties on a daily basis. Candidates must be able to accommodate such tasks.
If you think this exciting role could be for you, please apply now to become our next Art Sales Consultant. We would love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 £80 - £95 a day⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Brentford, South East
💸 £140,000 a year⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 Milton Keynes, South East
💸 £19,000 - £25,000 a year⏰ 17-06-2023🌏 Milton Keynes, South East
⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 Guildford, South East
💸 £15 - £20 an hour⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 Worthing, South East
⏰ 16-06-2023🌏 Aylesbury, South East
💸 From £26,000 a year⏰ 15-06-2023🌏 Staines-upon-Thames, South East
💸 £10 an hour⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 Abingdon, South East