Business, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Teacher
Update day: 04-06-2023
Location: Oxford South East
Category: Education / Training
Job type: Full-time, Temporary contract
Salary: £2,250 - £3,600 a month
Oxford Royale is an award-winning British company with a real passion for international education. Each year our team works harder to compile stimulating and rewarding programmes for all ages, bringing together outstanding Teachers, energetic Counsellors, brilliant Guest Speakers and professional support staff.
Teaching is the backbone of each and every Oxford Royale Summer School programme. We are passionate about providing the highest possible quality of teaching that engages and challenges our students to push themselves academically. Our teachers use interactive learning techniques to cultivate student engagement, active contribution and debate. Teachers are expected to bring their own passion and expertise to the course and should seek to inspire students with excellent subject knowledge and the use of up-to-date resources.
We are looking for passionate teachers in Oxfordfor our business coursesfor students aged 13-15 and 16-18. These courses give students the skills and knowledge required to set up and run a successful business and immerse students in the core principles of business management, early-stage innovation, and entrepreneurial behaviours that drive value creation. The courses are also hands-on in nature, with guided business challenges giving students the opportunity to put theory into practice.
- To guide students through the course with enthusiasm
- To inspire and motivate students through excellent subject knowledge and use of a range of up-to-date resources and case studies
- To prepare lessons in line with learning objectives and course information in the provided Course Guides
- To ensure that every student makes progress in the course, making adaptations to tasks where necessary to achieve this
- To mark assignments and complete personalised reports for every student
- To complete daily student registers and other administrative processes as required
- To lead students in course-related Field Trips or practical activities
- To complete all required training and attend key campus meetings during the session
- To collaborate with the wider teaching faculty for shared ideas and cross-class engagement
- To engage in other areas of campus life and work with the wider campus team to create an outstanding learning environment
- Courses are two weeks in length, with sessions running from July to mid-August 2023.
- Teaching takes place every morning Monday to Friday and some afternoons across each two-week session (specific timetables are course and age-group dependent).
- There will be compulsory online training to complete before starting the role, as well as in-person training before the summer programme begins.
- Whilst key teaching materials are provided, teachers are expected to use these materials as a guide and adapt their lesson plans to their students’ interests and to contribute their own expertise and knowledge from the field.
This job would suit someone who displays the following key attributes:
- An in-depth and wide-ranging knowledge of their subject;
- The passion to inspire the future generation of students in their field;
- Enthusiasm, confidence and creativity;
- Determination to excite students through their learning;
- Fluency in English;
- Good organisational skills;
- An excellent ability to communicate complex information and adapt to different learning styles and abilities.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree (or higher) relating to their chosen subject.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience of teaching their subject to students of the relevant age group;
- PGCE or Master’s degree in the subject to be taught or one closely related;
- Work experience in the field of the subject to be taught.
The summer school runs based on 2 week sessions, each session requires 40 hours of teaching (20 hours per week). The salary will be based on two week sessions (£1125 - £1800 per session). The dates are as follows:
Session 1: 2nd July - 15th July 2023
Session 2: 16th July - 29th July 2023
Session 3: 30th July - 12th August 2023
We incorporate equality into all we do, making every effort to eliminate discrimination, create equal opportunities and develop good working relationships.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 6 weeks
Salary: £2,250.00-£3,600.00 per month
- Referral programme
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oxford, Oxfordshire: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 £35,000 - £40,000 a year⏰ 11-06-2023🌏 Guildford, South East
💸 £120 - £140 a day⏰ 16-06-2023🌏 Romford, South East
💸 £36,167 - £40,464 a year⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 Southampton, South East
💸 £24,907 - £30,615 a year⏰ 26-06-2023🌏 Eastbourne, South East
💸 £40,000 - £50,000⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 Brighton & Hove, South East
💸 £4,785 a month⏰ 22-06-2023🌏 Chichester, South East
💸 £2,060 - £2,800 a month⏰ 24-06-2023🌏 Oxford, South East
⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 Chichester, South East
💸 £21,609 a year⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 Brockenhurst, South East
⏰ 18-06-2023🌏 Enfield, South East