Cloud Support Engineer
Update day: 13-05-2023
Category: Architecture / Interior Design
- Basic troubleshooting to resolve straightforward Linux and network related technical problems.
- Troubleshoot basic connectivity problems across the different layers of the OSI model from the Linux standpoint
- Basic understanding of Networking fundamentals like CIDR notations, OSI model, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SSH, TCP, routing, switching, subnets, ACLs, NAT
- Perform basic networking administration tasks like being able to connect an individual PC to the network/internet and set FW rules.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organisation?
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT AWS?
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs.
- Interact with leading engineers around the world.
- Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
- First and foremost this is a customer support role – in The Cloud.
- On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
- As well as supporting our customers, you will be leading operational improvement initiatives, and acting as the voice of the customer to internal teams across AWS.
- Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
- Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organisation to help you meet your career goals.
- Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
- AWS Premium Support is a 24/7/365 operation and shift work will be required to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Meet Theodoros: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTPWdseB_pg
- Knowledge of client/server and distributed systems / AWS Cloud architecture patterns
- Knowledge of the most common OS logs used for troubleshooting problems.
- Troubleshooting of disk space issues and knowledge of the administrative tasks required to address these problems.
- Troubleshooting of booting issues and how to manage services in Linux (SystemV and or SystemD)
- Basic backup and restore concepts (desktops/laptops).
- Have experience installing software using the different package managers.
- Basic understanding of applications such as Apache, NginX, MySQL, etc.
- Basic understanding of process lifecycle and signals
- Basic understanding of 3-tier web application and a general idea of which components are stateful and which ones are stateless.
- Basic understanding of shell concepts such as variables, aliases, redirection and shell expansion.
- Exposure to various AWS services would be an added advantage.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £60,000 - £70,000 a year⏰ 18-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 11-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £27,500 - £35,000 a year⏰ 14-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £80,000 a year⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £45,000 - £60,000 a year⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £70,000 a year⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 London