Colleague IT Device Manager
Update day: 18-05-2023
Category: Information Technology
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Colleague Device Manager
Contract Type: Permeant
Location: Finsbury Dials, Bolton, Chesterfield, Homebased
Reporting to: Head of Colleague IT
The Purpose of the Role
To define and deploy the Colleague Device IT strategy. To run, maintain and improve Post Office’s colleague Device service alongside internal teams and third-party suppliers.
The Colleague Device Manager is responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of devices and associated processes used with in the Post Office Colleague service and is key to protecting and managing Post Office assets whilst meeting ongoing Business demand and differing requirements. The current assets cover Laptops, Desktops & tablets with Windows operating system, Mobile/Smart phones with Android operating system, printers etc.) and are largely managed using modern management technologies e.g., Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
The role will work closely with the Colleague IT Senior Service Manager, Technology teams, Procurement Team and 3rd parties to define and own the End User device strategy, lifecycle, delivery/support processes, including Asset management, whilst also ensuring 3rd party suppliers meet contractual SLA’s.
The individual in this role will also work closely with other Technology colleagues and 3rd parties to ensure colleague device performance is appropriately monitored and reported, service improvements are identified and delivered to improved End User experience.
This role will also act as the subject matter expert for colleague devices providing input to incident and problem management when required and ensuring first level support teams have sufficient knowledge to resolve issues.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Knowledge and skills required
- Strong knowledge of End User Compute Devices.
- Strong understanding of End User Compute services with a particular focus on devices and associated management systems and processes e.g., Intune MDM
- Passionate about improving end-user experience.
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Excellent team leadership skills.
- Good attention to detail and ability to absorb and challenge large volumes of new information to drive decision-making.
- Strong organisation, time management and workload prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High levels of empathy and ability to see other viewpoints and understand expectations and requirements of various groups and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in key ITIL service management functions.
- Experience in Asset management and modern management technologies.
- Experience in working within a large and complex organisation, able to hold and lead meetings with a range of stakeholders (execs, engineers, end users).
- Experience in working and managing 3rd party suppliers to drive improvements and ensure Service provision is delivered in line with SLAs.
- Experience and confidence in working with and influencing senior stakeholders directly.
- Experience of working in situations requiring strong interpersonal/communication skills. across a range of stakeholders, including senior stakeholders and user groups.
- Experience managing suppliers to deliver complex services.
ITIL V3 or V4
About Post Office
The Post Office has thrived at the heart of high streets and local communities across the UK for over 370 years. As one of the country’s most trusted brands, we take our commitment to providing essential services to customers across the UK very seriously. We’re the UK’s largest retail network, as well as the largest financial services provider in the UK, with over 11,600 branches nationwide – more than all of the UK’s banks and building societies put together.
We know that the best way to provide a great service for customers is to evolve our business and adapt to their changing needs. That’s why we have a range of over 170 products and services, from personal financial services like banking, insurance, payments and travel money, to telecoms and, of course, mails. And we’re improving our online and in store experience for customers. We know that our customers never stop changing, so neither will we. We’re here, in person, for the people who rely on us.
Our Ways of Working underpin everything we do, they are the “How” of our business strategy. They differentiate our business and aim to inspire great behaviours and align our colleagues around specific actions in order to be the organisation we want to be, and achieve our business goals.
By living the Ways of Working each day, you will help make that vision a reality and enable our cultural transformation. In short: Working in partnership, as one team, we deliveramazing results!
The Post Office embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace and actively promote working without discrimination. We are also a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to interviewing disabled people who meet our minimum criteria for the job.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Up to £60,000 a year⏰ 24-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £39,508 - £47,355 a year⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 London
💸 From £27,000 a year⏰ 22-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £45,000 - £50,000 a year⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £75,000 - £80,000 a year⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £12 - £13 an hour⏰ 14-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 17-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 16-06-2023🌏 London