Update day: 26-05-2023
Location: Manchester North West
Category: Marketing / PR
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,595 a year
Marketing Manchester promotes Greater Manchester nationally and internationally as a place to visit, invest, meet and study. Our work is an essential component to successfully raise the profile of the city-region as the gateway to the North and improve global perceptions and city ranking. Marketing Manchester also supports MIDAS, Greater Manchester’s inward investment agency, in the delivery of promotion focusing on priority sectors and campaigns including digital, innovation and green.
Marketing Manchester has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Assistant to join their Communications Team and assist in the effective running of a function that delivers communications to improve the perception of Greater Manchester nationally and internationally as a leading business, leisure and learning destination.
- To deal with media calls and enquiries responding as appropriate and in a timely manner
- To work with the team in the organisation and delivery of journalist and influencer visits within identified budgets
- To coordinate the distribution of Marketing Manchester’s communication products, including electronic communications and in keeping accurate records of activity
- To deliver administrative help in support of the communications function
- To take ownership of media monitoring, including the maintenance of an effective database tracking journalist and influencer visits, enquiries and contact details
- To maintain a system of obtaining, filing and presenting coverage
- To assist the team in the creation of targeted and regularly updated contact lists, including stakeholders and media
- To work with the team, assisting in the organisation of all communications activity
- To work on general information gathering and archiving, carrying out research in areas that would be of benefit to the communication function
- To keep abreast of Marketing Manchester activity and relationships with external partners
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of media relations and influencer marketing
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of communications and public relations
- A good working knowledge of a variety of software packages, including Power point
- Ability to prioritise work and meet agreed deadlines
- Willingness to work outside of office hours, including weekends, for which time in lieu will be given
- Knowledge of and passion for Greater Manchester as a place to visit, live, work, and study
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply GC values: Make a positive difference, Stronger together, empower people, Do the right thing, Build on success
- Excellent communication skills and good IT skills
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to apply these to a wide variety of content matter and audiences
- Can demonstrate the excellent organisational skills needed to deliver journalist and influencer visits
GC is committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the essential requirements for a role. This commitment applies to candidates who have a disability or are from an ethnic community.
As part of our application process, you can ask to be considered under this scheme if you are from an ethnic community or have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities. Providing that you meet the essential criteria for the role, you will then be invited for an interview. Your guaranteed interview application will only be shared with the recruiting manager and our Internal recruitment team.
We are a member of the national campaign Ban the Box; this campaign aims to open opportunities for people with convictions to compete for jobs. We’re supporting the campaign by removing conviction questions at the applications stage.
GC aims to promote a culture of flexibility and agile working. Going forward we will be transitioning to a culture where full agile working will be a feature of many of our roles. We also recognise that there may be a need for more permanent flexibility in your working arrangements and in such cases, we encourage you to have these discussions at the interview stage, to enable your flexible working request to be considered as early as possible.
Should you apply for any of our roles, we will be completing interviews virtually or face to face, dependent on the role. This will be explained further should you reach interview stage. We will be more than happy to explain the measures we have put in place, ahead of you attending any of our premises.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 27-06-2023🌏 Urmston, North West
💸 £25,000 - £30,000 a year⏰ 27-06-2023🌏 Liverpool, North West
⏰ 15-06-2023🌏 Manchester, North West
💸 £15,500 a year⏰ 24-06-2023🌏 Blackburn, North West
💸 £32,909 a year⏰ 27-06-2023🌏 Manchester, North West
⏰ 18-06-2023🌏 Manchester, North West
⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Manchester, North West
⏰ 12-06-2023🌏 Manchester, North West
💸 £45,000 a year⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 Manchester, North West
💸 £34,000 - £36,000 a year⏰ 16-06-2023🌏 Manchester, North West