Update day: 05-02-2024
Category: Education / Training
We are itsu, the leading Asian-inspired quick-service retail and grocery brand with over 80 restaurants across the UK, Belgium, and France, and a growing wholesale business across Europe and beyond. Our renowned delicious food made fresh in every restaurant, every day, has made itsu a top choice for healthy eating.
In addition to our restaurants, itsu [grocery] offers a range of high-quality Asian-inspired foods available online and in supermarkets. We are excited to be one of the leading brands in this specific group and have ambitious plans for continued growth both domestically and globally.
With its best-in-class-food, latest technology, innovation, and talented workforce, itsu is the future of fast food.main responsibilities
The CKP curriculum
- You will deliver all interactives classroom lessons in our partner schools, throughout the UK.
- Work with our relevant Academy (our Head Office) teams to deliver CKP impact reports, as and when required.
- You will work closely with our CKP Lead on future curriculum ideas and activities.
- Partner primary schools with eligible itsu restaurants.
- Onboard primary schools, liaising with relevant teaching staff to book in classroom visits, ensuring all materials are shared and completed within the required timeframes. This includes classroom set up, allergens, photography forms, lesson plans and reporting such as pre and post impact.
Academy (Head Office ) planner
- Book restaurant General Managers and their Academy (our Head Office) buddies onto school visits.
- Manage all CKP equipment, ensuring items are cleaned and stored correctly and delivered and collected as required.
- You will take full ownership of the CKP school visits budget, tracking monthly spend against budget.
At itsu we believe in the power of knowledge. Community Kitchen Project [CKP] has been created to inspire and inform students about the value of good nutrition. We are committed to providing interactive lessons and a library of resources to support nutrition education, health & happiness in schools, colleges & universities.
Following years of trials and development 2024 will see CKP come to life. Our restaurant and Academy (Head office) teams will be taking time away from their desks and kitchens to deliver our first CKP course - Food Groups & Fresh Veg - to hundreds of Key Stage 2 students across the U.K.
We are excited to be recruiting someone to manage the day to day running of itsu’s Community Kitchen Project.
There are 3 key elements to the CKP trainer role :
- The CKP curriculum
- school liaison
- academy (our Head Office) planner
We are looking for someone who will confidently and successfully deliver the first [crucial] year of CKP. You will manage the 2024 KS2 curriculum from start to finish, becoming the key contact when onboarding schools, running classes with support from itsu teams, and reporting on impact.
This is a brand-new role at itsu which will undoubtedly evolve as CKP grows. We are looking for someone who is comfortable adapting to changing environments, whilst remaining focused and committed to supporting teachers and students on all things nutrition.
We would ideally like someone to start as soon as possible.
The role is full time or 4 days a week, term time only, based in our Academy [our Head Office] which is a few minutes from Victoria Station. It includes regular travel around London and, on occasion, across the UK to run classroom sessions.perks and benefits
In return for your time and commitment to your role and itsu, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Term time only contract, if preferred
- Generous time off allowances, which includes enhanced family leave, menopause leave and gender reassignment leave.
- A beautiful healthy lunch is on us every day! Whenever you are in the Academy, just walk to our Victoria store [2 minutes away] and pick what you would like.
- Invite your family and friends for a meal with 50% discount in every itsu shop.This discount can be for yourself and up to 3 others.
- A variety of different benefits which cover off physical, mental, financial, environmental and social wellbeing.
No matter what you do at itsu, it’s important to us that everyone has access to the same opportunities. We are a truly diverse bunch, from all walks of life and you’ll always be encouraged to be your true selfthe ideal candidate
- Experience working in a school setting, ideally primary.
- Some teaching experience is preferred but not essential.
- Comfortable speaking to senior school staff and our Academy [head office] leadership team
- Teaching qualification equivalent to or above Level 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning or T Level Education and Early Years
You do not have to tick all of our ‘ideal experience’ criteria to apply for this role. At itsu we are driven through our culture and qualities, detailed below, if you feel you display these and have some of the experience requirements we are looking for, please apply.
People are at the heart of everything we do, by displaying itsu qualities, prioritising development and growth, trusting our employees to make the best decisions for the business and empowering them in their roles.
- I care [for people]
- I take pride [in what I do]
- I want to grow [myself & others]
- I build trust [around me]
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 15-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £36,745/yr - £47,666/yr⏰ 30-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 21-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £130 - £280 a day⏰ 14-04-2024🌏 London
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 21-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £52,000/yr - £57,000/yr⏰ 30-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £36,000/yr - £48,000/yr⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 London