Employee Relations Advisor
Update day: 21-05-2023
Location: Nuneaton West Midlands
Category: Human Resources
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
It’s a really exciting time to be at Holland & Barrett. We are investing across all areas of our business with a vision of empowering our customers to live happier, healthier lives. Our mission is to be the leading player in global wellness chosen by millions as their trusted partner for personalised wellness journeys. To achieve this goal, we are embarking on a radical transformation. We are recruiting top talent in all areas of our business, from Finance to Digital Marketing, from HR to IT, as well as new functions around Health and Wellness.
The ER Advisor role sits within our HR Operations team, whereby you will be the first point of contact within the organisation for all Employee Relations matters for our Retail, Supply Chain and Store Support Centre. This is a demanding role within a high volume, fast paced environment supporting the UK and Republic of Ireland. You will provide a full ER case management service, giving first line advice on informal and formal cases, whilst offering guidance and support to all Colleagues in line with the Company Policy and up to date and current employment legislation.
- To provide advice to Line Managers over the telephone, email and in person for all employee relations issues, including disciplinary, grievance, capability, absence management and transformational change programmes
- Manage and implement transformational change programmes such as restructures, redundancy, exits and redeployments. Ensuring ER advice is consistent and based on current policy, procedures and legislation
- To support Managers with all ER administration including formal outcome resolution and where necessary follow up actions inline with Company policy and legislation
- Maintain management information records to ensure that key stakeholders receive an aligned consistent approach minimising risk
- Effectively prioritise and case manage a high volume of various types of ER queries/cases and outcomes consistently
- Liaise with Employment Tribunal offices, ACAS, managers, employee representatives and solicitors about ongoing cases where appropriate and escalate high risk cases to HR Shared Service Manager and where necessary HR Advisors
- Provide specific case management and advice for all whistleblowing, ET and Subject Access Request cases
- Seek support and advice from company lawyers as needed, identifying trends, learning from ER cases and pro-actively develop and update policies, procedures, templates and guides to ensure effective people management in line with our Policies and employment legislation
- Working closely with managers to coach and develop capability to enable them to effectively manage future ER cases, whilst enhancing their knowledge on all areas of HR Policy, procedure and practice
- Ensure all associated documentation is accurately prepared and supplied to Managers timely to support effective management of their ER cases
- Provide advice and support in the effective management of both long term and short term frequent intermittent absenceIdentify trends and opportunities to improve our policies, systems and processes and as a team in order to ensure that we make improvements and continuously develop
- Keep up to date with current and future employment legislation, adapt where needed and communicate updates where needed
- Draft and implement new/review existing policies, procedures, templates and guides for all business areasProduce standard letter templates in line with updated/new policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively use all Microsoft Word packages to a high level of ability
- PowerPoint to be able to create effective presentations and documents
- Strong excel ability, able to build intermediate models and functionality
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and BAU risks
- Meticulous attention to detail or delivery right first time ER Administration service
- Able to identify, quantify and effectively mitigate risks and issues
- Strong up to date knowledge of employment law and legislation matters
- Knowledge/experience of using HRIS systems for ER case Management
- CIPD qualification preferred although not essential
- Strong operational and working knowledge of Republic of Ireland and UK employment legislation
- Pension companycontribution= 3%.
- Your wellbeing is paramount so you can get away and take 33 Days Holidayper year.
- Private Medical Care (Self after 1 year)
- Learning andDevelopmentopportunity with Holland & Barrett is a great base for career development long term.
- Career progression.
- Refer and Earn Scheme- as we’re growing you can earn money by referring people to join us from your network.
- Epic Extrasgives you access to exclusive benefits, free advice and savings from a range of retailers and providers.
- Stay healthy with Discounted Products- from day one you’ll get a 25% discount (on top of other promotions) when you shop at H&B on anything that you buy.
- We all need a little help sometimes, so we offer Free 24/7ConfidentialAdvice & Colleague Welfare.
- Mental Health First Aiders- we have lots of qualified Mental Health First Aiders because its all about your health & wellbeing.
- Stay active in the Onsite Gym at our Nuneaton Hub!
- We have colleague Reward andRecognitionSchemes,so your hard work and loyalty won’t go unnoticed.
- And many more!
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
- Job Type:Full Time
- Number of Hours:37.5
- Contract Type:Permanent
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 14-06-2023🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands
💸 £52,000 - £54,000 a year⏰ 15-06-2023🌏 Warwick, West Midlands
⏰ 24-06-2023🌏 Coventry, West Midlands
💸 £24,000 - £25,000 a year⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands
⏰ 13-06-2023🌏 Tamworth, West Midlands
💸 £20,950 a year⏰ 17-06-2023🌏 Wolverhampton, West Midlands
💸 £25,000 a year⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Warwick, West Midlands
⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 Coventry, West Midlands
💸 Up to £11 an hour⏰ 22-06-2023🌏 Newcastle-under-Lyme, West Midlands
⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Nuneaton, West Midlands