Día de actualización: 14-02-2024
Categoría: Civil / Construcción
Tipo de empleo: Apprenticeship
Contenido de trabajo
Apprentices will be based on site and working directly under DPT managers. The Apprentice will be expected to carry out a variety of first & second fix carpentry (constructing the foundations and floors, along with the walls and ceilings – including door frames, roof struts, and wall studs, floor boards and architraves, connecting pipes etc).
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Working hours on site are generally 07:30-5:00pm with 1 hour lunch break. Occasional weekend work. You will be based in EAST LONDON. Candidates should only apply if you live in Lambeth
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
DPT Ltd are a Fast paced, professional carpentry & joinery company looking to expand the team
- Apprentices will be based on site and working directly under DPT site supervisor & site manager. The Apprentice will be expected to carry out a variety of first & second fix carpentry & joinery tasks in accordance with their abilities and willingness to learn
- The first fix will compromise all of the structural work that needs to be done for a building. This work will usually consist of constructing the foundations and floors, along with the walls and ceilings – this work including door frames, roof struts, and wall studs. Cables for the electrical fixtures will be inserted, as well as all necessary pipes for the supply of water. The building is then plastered, readying it for the second fix
- The second fix then finishes off the building. This involves fitting floor boards and architraves, doors and windows in to frames, connecting up pipes to baths and sinks, and fitting electrical fixtures and connecting them to cables.
- DPT Contracts Manager will be responsible for ensuring the apprentice is working to the best of their ability and is receiving enough learning support on site to be able to perform as a valuable member of the team
- All projects are inside the M25, Apprentices will be expected to travel where the work is. DPT Contracts manager will place the apprentice where he deems the most can be learned so that the apprentice can progress in a safe & timely manner within the company
Requirements and prospects
- Familiarity with basic first and second fix tools
- Measuring skills
- Good time management skills
- Working as part of a team
- Enthusiastic to learn
- H&S awareness on site
- Cutting using 110v tools
- Following instructions
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable but not essential.
Potential to progress upon completion.
Things to consider
- Must have a CSCS card
- Must live in the Lambeth area
- You will be based in East London
About the employer
DPT Ltd has established itself as one of the market leaders in Carpentry & Joinery Contracting in and around London. We undertake all carpentry & joinery works on site for Tier 1 contractors across London.
We source quality carpenters & joiners to suit the project requirements, all of which are CSCS registered. All our site operatives are trained in Health & Safety and in our internal quality requirements. Each operative is individually responsible for the quality of his/her work and is closely managed by our supervisory team throughout any project.
We have a very high rate of staff retention, with a lot of our team members still with us since 2005 when the business started. As a business all team members are valued and looked after.
D P T LIMITED
BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
Whitney Afful 020 3954 5447 Whitneykontoh.email@example.com
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
On programme Training:
- Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Diploma in Wood Occupations
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (If required)
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- A knowledge assessment (exam)
- A Practical Skills Assessment
Please be advised of the following mandatory eligibility requirements for undertaking an Apprenticeship in England.
- You have lived in the UK or EEA for the last three years
- You have a UK National Insurance number
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Haga clic para postularse como candidato gratuito
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Royal Tunbridge Wells, South East
⏰ 09-03-2024🌏 Crawley, South East
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Milton Keynes, South East
⏰ 15-03-2024🌏 Oxford, South East
⏰ 17-03-2024🌏 Godalming, South East
⏰ 17-03-2024🌏 Royal Tunbridge Wells, South East
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Banbury, South East
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Milton Keynes, South East
⏰ 15-03-2024🌏 Royal Tunbridge Wells, South East
⏰ 17-03-2024🌏 Farnborough, South East