Día de actualización: 14-02-2024
Tipo de empleo: Full-time
Contenido de trabajo
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Institutional Securities Group Finance (ISGF) contributes to Finance’s success as a guardian of the Firm’s books and records by ensuring the appropriate accounting classification, timing and accuracy of economic transactions and events. ISGF reports, reviews, and analyses divisional and consolidated net revenue, and contributes to controlling the daily and month-end close process. ISGF is responsible for monitoring resource limits and reporting on the balance sheet, capital, liquidity and funding.
Bank Resource Management (BRM) is a division within the Institutional Securities Group, which is responsible for the Firm’s securities financing transactions, including repo and securities lending, hedging of OTC derivative counterparty exposures and global collateral management. This is accomplished through the sourcing, pricing, and distribution of resources across Morgan Stanley’s businesses, within Firm-established targets and limits. BRM’s centralized framework enables the division to provide durable resources most efficiently to the Firm and its clients, whilst supporting Morgan Stanley’s strategic efforts to optimize resources and maximize returns.
As part of the BRM Federal function covering financial resources, develop Framework to define how we help the ISG BU optimise the business effectively. The role will require a holistic look at the business to include:
- Continue to drive and work with ISG BU and stakeholders on new initiatives that are beneficial for the firm. Be at the forefront of new regulatory and financial changes.
- Be at the forefront, lead and execute ISG initiatives helping to assess whether the business is being run efficiently. Review and socialise impacts across businesses and legal entities. Input into how we can assist making them more efficient.
- Work with businesses and across ISGF and wider Finance teams (Regulatory and Treasury) to manage MSESE evolution
- Work with BU to understand allocation of ISG Resources and their limit framework for capital/ RWA
- Key ISGF participant in MSIP/ MSESE Resources Forum and MSIP/ MSEHSE Optimisation Forums as well as broader forums as appropriate. Key roll to connect silos and build out picture of downstream alignments/ impacts from ISGF.
- Key clients & Relationships: Accounting policy, Regulatory policy, Regulatory controllers. Treasury, ISG BUS and ISG Finance.
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting or related field, or equivalent. - The candidate should have prior Finance-related experience and preferably be a qualified accountant (or studying towards this).
- Relevant experience in Product Control and knowledge of financial products would be advantageous, particularly in the financial industry
- Good knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS and US GAAP) is desirable
- High regard for attention to detail and accuracy to ensure close control of the reported P&L.
- High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organisation.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically a strong command in Excel and PowerPoint
Haga clic para postularse como candidato gratuito
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 26-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £30,000/yr - £50,000/yr⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 21-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £40,000/yr - £50,000/yr⏰ 30-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £70,000/yr - £110,000/yr⏰ 22-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £60,000/yr - £150,000/yr⏰ 30-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £35,000/yr - £40,000/yr⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 22-03-2024🌏 London