Día de actualización: 14-02-2024
Categoría: Arquitectura / Diseño de Interiores
Industria: Real Estate
Tipo de empleo: Permanent
Salario: £35,050 - £38,550 a year
Contenido de trabajo
- Data Developer Role Profile
- Disclosure Questions
Orbit is a fantastic business and one that’s really going places.
Orbit was formed in 1967 with the aim of providing good-quality housing for people who would otherwise not be able to afford to buy their own home.
Over 50 years later, we’re one of the leading housing providers in the UK. Our services have diversified, our housing portfolio has expanded, and our reputation as an innovator within our sector has grown. But one thing that has never changed. Our belief in people and what they can achieve.
Your role at Orbit.
As Data Developer here at Orbit you will be responsible for supporting Orbits’ strategic goals by providing group wide management information and reporting solutions.
Your key duties will be:
- Creating system generated reports by creating SQL Stored Procedures
- Creating design views and tables
- Verification of data to ensure it matches in the system
- Ensure Specifications and stored procedures are fully documented
- Work with the business to design and develop the business reporting tool utilising SQL Server 2008R2-2019 from initial design to delivery
- Work with the business to develop and support its reporting requirements, this includes the creation of system generated reports/dashboards (Power BI), using SQL Server 2008R2 - 2019 Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Transfer data from a variety of sources and databases into a reporting repository using SQL Server 2019 Integration Services (SSIS) and experience of Azure Data Factory
- Verification of data to ensure it matches to the original source data with automated unit testing
- Maintenance of documentation for technical specification and procedures, working with Microsoft DevOps work items to deliver functionality
- Work with the business and external Housing Associations/Local Authorities in undertaking additional housing stock into the housing systems, this includes the identification of data required, creation of data loaders and mapping of data against third party data to ensure data can be imported and then convert the data into a format or codes required for the import into the Main Housing Systems, then placing into data import files before uploading into the system, ensuring that the process and procedures are fully documented and data verified for audit purposes.
- Work with the business and external Housing Associations to undertake the transfer of housing stock to another organisation, this includes the identification of data required by the third party, creation of SQL Stored Procedures to extract data in the format required, ensuring that the process and stored procedures are fully documented and data verified for audit purposes
- Assist with the implementation and testing of software upgrades
- Undertake the role of 3rd line support on problems and queries on the main Housing System
What will help you make a difference.
To be successful in the role of Data Developer you will need the following:
- Experience of Microsoft operating system and applications
- High level of Report Writing tools and practices
- High level of Database Architecture and Design
- High level of SQL 2019 SQL Stored Procedures
- High level of SSIS
- High level of SSRS
- High level of Reporting Development Tools
- High level of Database technologies
- Experience implementing best practices
- Ability to analyse and document complex business processes
- Experience interacting directly with end users for both projects and day to day work
- Prioritise multiple tasks effectively and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work on own initiative
- Good written and verbal communication skills
It would also be desirable to have knowledge/understanding of:
- Azure Data Lake, Data Factory and Synapse Technology
- Power BI
- Experience of Housing sector software (ActiveH)
- Experience of creating ActiveH workflows
- Experience of using Source Control tools
- Experience of Automated Deployment
- Agile Project Delivery
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain great people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of background, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, religious belief, faith or disability. As part of our Armed Forces Covenant commitment, we welcome ex-services professionals to consider career opportunities at Orbit.
Rewarding your contribution.
For those who want or need more of a work life balance our view is that this role is suitable for WorkSmart. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. Agile working arrangements will be discussed during the interview process.
Some of our core benefits include:
- Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the “Orbit day”
- Private medical insurance
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much more
Our culture and purpose.
We know that great people are central to achieving our ambitions and as such we want everyone to have a voice and make a positive difference. We are proud to be a Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for, this demonstrates we place people at the heart of everything we do. We continue to create a culture that celebrates diversity and an environment where everyone feels able to contribute towards achieving together.
We support our colleagues to be at their best through our wellbeing programme #ThisIsMe, our corporate learning programme, opportunities for professional development, our innovative approaches to making the world and our homes a greener place and our leading reward and recognition package. Because of this our people tell us Orbit is a great place to work for.
At Orbit, our people are enthusiastic and passionate about making a real difference to our customers and communities. We are one team where everyone is connected and encouraged to have the freedom to think differently.
Each year we build many new affordable homes and manage a total portfolio of around 45,000 properties. Over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our innovative approach empowers every one of them to grow and thrive. We are commercially driven. The more profit we make, the more we invest into the communities that we work for, improving services and playing a key role in driving UK housing growth.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
We have so much more that we’d like to share with you so please submit your CV demonstrating the value you could bring to Orbit.
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
Haga clic para postularse como candidato gratuito
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Coventry, West Midlands
⏰ 02-04-2024🌏 Evesham, West Midlands
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 Stafford, West Midlands
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Coventry, West Midlands
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 Gaydon, West Midlands
⏰ 21-03-2024🌏 Warwick, West Midlands
⏰ 23-03-2024🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands