Día de actualización: 14-02-2024
Posición: Mid-Senior level
Tipo de empleo: Part-time
Contenido de trabajoLooking for your next Digital role?
In addition to this role, Dstl Digital is currently recruiting a range of digital roles.
At Dstl we protect lives. We take innovative Science and Technology (S&T) and use it to keep the country safe.
This opportunity will allow you to shape a growing capability within Dstl. You will influence the direction of our future operation in a unique and exciting setting which not only meets the day to day organisational needs for Dstl but responds to a growing portfolio of innovative Digital commitments as well.
In This Role You Will
Dstl Digital provides a range of different services which are diverse and complex in nature, typically consisting of many different technical components and across several security levels. To provide good service and respond effectively when things change or go wrong, it is essential to understand the full landscape of technical assets and their configurations which make up the services offered. As Capacity and Asset Manager you’ll be a core part of our Service Delivery team, managing the usage and content of the Dstl Configuration Management DataBase (CMDB) and asset register.
- Develop and maintain effective principles and policies for operation and monitor the controls that are in place to ensure effective and secure management of the Dstl CMDB, configuration data and assets.
- Drive adoption of the CMDB (across divisions) as the single source of truth for IT assets and configuration data.
- Know how to manage service components to ensure they meet business needs and performance targets.
- Have a deep knowledge of Capacity Management toolsets.
- Support service reviews and operational review meetings with stakeholders, whilst developing and maintaining effective service line supplier relationships.
- Can provide assurance that data is accurate and processes and policies are followed.
- Will provide leadership to other CMDB users, including suppliers, to ensure data quality and accuracy is maintained.
- Can bring a sound understanding of ITIL methodology and service management best practices.
- Can define, analyse, plan, forecast, measure, maintain and improve all aspects of the availability of services, including power.
- Knows how to control and manage service availability to meet the needs of the business in a cost-effective manner, including managing the capability, functionality and sustainability of service components (including hardware, software, network resources and software/infrastructure as a service).
Our work in defence, security and intelligence requires our employees to be British Citizens who are able to gain a high level of security clearance to understand the work you will undertake to protect us from any security threats. For this reason, we regret that only UK Nationals will be able to apply for this role. If you are an international or dual-national candidate, and you think you have the skills we need, please consider applying to any of our government, security or defence partners.
This role will require full UK security clearance and you should have resided in the UK for the past 5 years.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
- Give an example where you have managed an asset register and made recommendations for improvements
- Fully flexible working, including alternative working patterns, annualised hours, compressed hours and job share, to name a few.
- Flexible Working hours, a 12 month reference period and the ability to bank hours. Up to 20 hours can be taken in any calendar month
- Excellent learning and development to ensure everyone fulfils their potential.
- Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay.
- Chartership and accreditation support.
- Generous annual leave, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday per year.
- A competitive salary.
- Onsite gyms and restaurants.
- Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out.
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution. We have a number of support networks to ensure all employees feel supported at work.
These include the following;
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Network
- Faith and Culture Network
- Parents and Carer Support Network
- Alternative Working Network
- Gender Equality Network
- New Starters Network
- Enabled Network, for people with visible and non-visible disabilities
See our vetting charter.People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.We want you to have your best chance of success in our recruitment process, so If at any stage of the application process you would like help or assistance please contact the Dstl Recruitment Team email@example.com and we will do all we can to support you.
We offer a guaranteed interview for all disabled applicants who provide evidence in their application of meeting the minimum essential requirements of the post, set out in the job description. You will be asked to indicate if you are applying under this scheme when you submit your application.
We actively encourage and welcome applications from those who work alternative working patterns (part-time, job share, term-time only etc.), Please be prepared to discuss this if you are selected for interview.
Applications at sift will be assessed on your answers to the Technical Skills and how your CV/Personal Statement matches the requirements for the role as detailed in the attached job description.
Interviews will consist of a behavioural & technical interview based on the Civil Service Success Profiles as well as the UK Government Digital, Data and Technology Profession Capability Framework. Interviews will be held between 11 and 15 October 2021.
Due to the current situation interviews are likely to be held via video link and full details will be sent to you should you be invited to an interview.
Please note that Dstl will be contacting individuals via email and you should check your junk mail folder regularly. Any attachments may not be available via smart phone or tablet views.
If you are applying for this position as a Job Share please indicate if you have a partner who is also applying for this vacancy and if you are successful but they are not if you would still consider the role.
If you are a current Dstl employee, you are encouraged to inform your line manager of your application as they can support you through the process and should you be successful it will help in negotiating a release date.
For further information about Dstl please check out our LinkedIn page
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.Open to UK nationals only.
This job is not open to candidates who hold a dual nationality.The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles.The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Haga clic para postularse como candidato gratuito
💸 £45,000 - £45,000⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Blandford, South West
💸 £30,000/yr - £50,000/yr⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Taunton, South West
💸 £22,000 - £33,000 a year⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Bath, South West
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Bridgwater, South West
💸 £35,000/yr - £50,000/yr⏰ 22-03-2024🌏 Taunton, South West
⏰ 17-03-2024🌏 Bath, South West
⏰ 22-03-2024🌏 Salisbury, South West
💸 £60/hr - £80/hr⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Cheltenham, South West
⏰ 21-03-2024🌏 Newton Abbot, South West
⏰ 21-03-2024🌏 Bath, South West