Día de actualización: 28-01-2024
Contenido de trabajo
Who we’re looking for
The Sustainable Investment team identifies structural social and environmental trends, examines their effects on industries and businesses and works with colleagues across investment desks, assets classes and regions to integrate that analysis into our investment processes and ownership. We conduct rigorous evaluation of poorly understood trends and seek as far as possible to quantify their impacts using a wide range of valuation techniques. Finally we engage companies on those issues and explain our views, conclusions and actions to our clients.
This role will focus primarily on the development of our thematic frameworks and proprietary models. The successful candidate will work with colleagues and investors to understand investment needs and guiding our research agenda.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We’re close to our clients, in the heart of the UK’s financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
What you’ll do
- Innovate novel methods for measuring the sustainability of companies and securities through original research, analytical techniques and creative thinking
- Support the development of our suite of proprietary models including SustainEx, ThemeX and Carbon VaR.
- Work in collaboration with software developers, data engineers and investors, to ensure a high rigour and confidence in our implementation of model changes.
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the material ESG trends that are relevant for the tools, relevant datasets and best practice in the market.
- Support communication of tools and models to stakeholders, by producing written reports and documentation as well as presenting to investors and clients
- Building effective relationships with Schroders investors across regions and asset classes which enable an ongoing dialogue and integration of our proprietary ESG models into investment processes.
- Presenting to clients and other external stakeholders on our work.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- A passion for building new insights into the effects of global trends on company values.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, sustainability issues and trends.
- Domain knowledge in particular sustainability issues or economic sectors
- Strong data manipulation and analytical skills including an understanding of statistics
- Proficient in analytical tools and programming, python an advantage
- Previous analytical experience (this may be from an investing or a consulting background).
- Understanding of financial and economic theory, financial statements and modelling practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of independent thought.
- Collaborative approach to work.
We recognise potential, whoever you are
Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to clients through active management. Diversity of thought facilitated by an inclusive culture will allow us to make better decisions and better achieve our purpose. This is why inclusion and diversity are a strategic priority for us and why we are an equal opportunities employer: you are welcome here regardless of your age, disability, gender identity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, socio-economic background or any other protected characteristics.
Haga clic para postularse como candidato gratuito
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 22-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £40,000/yr - £50,000/yr⏰ 30-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 11-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £79,870 - £92,160 a year⏰ 14-04-2024🌏 London
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 London