Día de actualización: 14-02-2024
Contenido de trabajo
WHAT YOU’LL DO
BCG is in a period of rapid growth and transformation. Due to our continued growth, we are building out our Meetings & Events (M&E) team focused on creating safe and inspiring environments that bring people together to enable meaningful connections and create global impact. The meetings group partners closely with senior leaders, functional and regional event teams, and individual meeting planners across the company to enhance overall event experience while creating efficiencies and lowering risk for all meeting formats (in-person, virtual, & hybrid).
WHAT YOU’LL DOThe M&E team is encouraged to approach work with an entrepreneurial, strategic, and customer-centric mindset, always questioning the status quo and proactively seeking opportunities for process improvement and innovation. We expect all team members to reinforce an inclusive culture grounded in collaboration, continuous learning, openness, and adaptability. The BCG Meetings & Events team (M&E) works collaboratively across several internal departments to support the end-to-end process of requesting, planning and delivering a meeting. The Operations Lead is charged with the ultimate responsibility for the successful alignment of the customers’ goals with the design and delivery of the program.
You will work with the leadership team to evolve the way meetings are managed at BCG. You will earn a seat at the table with key decision makers to continuously inform the development of new meeting management products and services. You will drive the strategic development and execution of initiatives to advance BCG’s meeting management approach across all functions and regions. The incumbent will achieve success through partnering with Meetings Business Partners and customers to ensure alignment of M&E resources to support customer business goals.
Key activities and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the delivery of conference and event planning services, which includes but is not limited to event design and implementation, budget management, onsite support, negotiation of contracts and vendor arrangements, support and post-event closing (invoicing, feedback collection, etc.) for a wide variety of local, regional and worldwide internal and external conferences and meetings. This role is a combination of hands-on delivery along with team management and strategic project management
- Lead and manage a group of internal and external event planners and delegate projects effectively to successfully produce a high value and cost-effective event
- Make event related decisions and engage stakeholders to ensure alignment between purpose/goals of the event and implementation
- Effectively contribute to a multi-national team to deliver high value results
- Point of escalation for customer, partners, and team issues
YOU’RE GOOD AT
You possess a strong technical understanding and knowledge of the meetings and/or hospitality industry including space planning, accommodations, food and beverage, production, incentive programs, etc.
- You are a collaborative leader who can work across functions and geographies, always with a team-centric approach to planning and execution
- You are highly organized and able to plan appropriate project timelines, work backward from deadlines, identify milestones and owners, and execute against a project plan
- You can juggle multiple competing priorities and seek input where needed
- You approach things with a service mindset that focuses on creating customer value, loyalty and trust
- You have a strong sense of accountability and resourcefulness in identifying and implementing process improvements
- You excel in a fast-paced environment and remain calm and pragmatic under stressful situations
- You are tech-savvy and able to learn/adopt new technology tools and platforms quickly
- You are comfortable working independently, managing through ambiguity, and collaborating with a virtual team in a rapidly changing, global environment
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business, Hospitality, Events or related field and/or 6-8 + years related management experience in the event planning (corporate planning preferred)
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities; ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, flexibility, and the willingness to be an active team player
- Strong global people management experience (must have)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal); strong command of the English language required, multilingual a plus
- Experience working across cultural boundaries in a complex, matrix structured organization preferred
- Previous experience working in a global/virtual team (preferred)
YOU’LL WORK WITH
Meetings & Events (M&E) team’s purpose at BCG is to create safe and inspiring environments that bring people together to enable meaningful connections and global impact through partnership, innovation, and providing an exceptional level of customer service to deliver savings, risk mitigation, efficiency, and enhanced experiences for all BCG meetings and events.
The M&E team serves as a strategic advisor and tactical support network to our worldwide, regional, and local teams who are responsible for the delivery of successful events and projects.
Haga clic para postularse como candidato gratuito
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £18.30 an hour⏰ 11-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 24-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 21-03-2024🌏 London