External Reporting Finance Manager
Update day: 06-05-2023
Location: Bradford Yorkshire and the Humber
Category: Accounting / Auditing Finance / Bank / Stock
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentWe’re looking for a Reporting Finance Manager to join our shared service centre in Bradford.Financial Accounts are responsible for developing and delivering Liberty Global’s Central Operations and Virgin Media’s financial accounting activity, including reporting monthly results to Liberty Global; BOCF accounting and reporting (debt, derivatives); fixed assets, inventory, and lease accounting; group consolidation accounting; tax accounting; the preparation of statutory accounts and balance sheet and working capital analysis.The role sits within the VM Financial Accounts External Reporting team which is responsible for the accounting for and reporting of below the operating profit line activity (BOCF), including: restructuring costs, debt and interest (external and inter-group), derivatives, share based compensation; preparation of information for VM’s Group. Quarterly and Annual Financial Reports; and significant involvement in the preparation of VM’s subsidiaries’ IFRS/FRS101 statutory accounts.What will you be doing?
- Maintaining complex spreadsheets, performing reconciliation and journal preparation and translating this into robust, accurate and timely reporting.
- Applying professional challenge and scepticism when forming fundamental accounting judgements.
- Communicating clearly and concisely with key stakeholders.
- Preparation and review of UK Companies Act statutory accounts
- Supporting the Financial Accounts wider team with opportunity to gain exposure to further complex technical accounting areas.
- Professional Accountancy qualification (ACA; ACCA etc) with at least 1 to 3 year PQE.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS. Experience of working within large corporate structures.
- Exposure to complex accounting (e.g. complex debt; derivative; fair value and share based compensation) along with experience of working within large corporate structures would be an advantage, although not essential.
- Experience of preparing or auditing UK Companies Act financial statements under IFRS (FRS101) or FRS102.
- Strong excel skills essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in a complex environment, delivering to deadlines.
- Financial systems skills beneficial (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion/HFM)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase 5 more.
- Personal medical insurance
- Matched pension contribution up to 10%
- Access to our car benefit scheme
- Access to our online learning to continue to grow and develop your career with us
- Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 Grimsby, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £10.90 an hour⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 York, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £29,368 a year⏰ 14-06-2023🌏 Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 Up to £22,000 a year⏰ 26-06-2023🌏 Rotherham, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £15,415 - £22,000 a year⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 York, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £11 an hour⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 Wakefield, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £30,000 - £35,000 a year⏰ 27-06-2023🌏 Shipley, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £11.25 an hour⏰ 01-07-2023🌏 Middlesbrough, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £21,000 - £25,000 a year⏰ 14-06-2023🌏 Huddersfield, Yorkshire and the Humber