Update day: 02-03-2024
Category: Legal / Contracts
We are looking for a detail oriented, commercially minded lawyer to join a vibrant team within an exciting, high-growth global tech company. Previous in-house, general commercial contracts and GDPR expertise will be highly regarded.
As the only In-house Legal Counsel in the UK, you will support the growth of the region by advising on legal matters and risks concerning general commercial law, regulation, consumer competition, data, privacy and other key areas as required. You will also work closely with the expanded global legal function and contribute to developing internal legal processes and documentation to assist operations and the growth of Prezzee.
The role will primarily be based in our London West-end office, with some flexibility to work from home. This is a permanent part-time role with flexible hours equivalent to 3 days per week which can be worked across the week by agreement and may be perfect for someone looking to accommodate school hours.
- Work collaboratively with the global legal team to provide accurate and timely counsel to leadership on a variety of legal topics including general commercial, regulatory and commercial legal matters, both locally and globally.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Partner and collaborate with the business to understand pressure points, strategy and objectives and effectively communicate risks and legal issues involved in any decision.
- Liaise with external parties: regulators, external counsel and others creating relationships of trust.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer practical advice on possible legal issues within the regulatory environment Prezzee operates in globally.
- Assist with the development of internal governance policies and compliance monitoring.
- Assist with policy development that serves the business both regionally and globally.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders.
- Monitor and act upon legal and regulatory change.
- Draft legal advice, maintaining documentation, ensuring effective and efficient record keeping systems.
- Engage external counsel when necessary in supporting other legal requirements as required.
- Support other legal requirements as required.
- 5 PQE+ commercial lawyer with in-house experience.
- UK or Ireland qualified.
- Experience providing practical advice with regard to a wide variety of issues involved in outbound and inbound commercial transactions.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating, and maintaining a wide variety of commercial agreements such as sales agreements, NDAs, reseller and other channel partner agreements, and technology partnership agreements.
- Experienced with GDPR.
- Able to work with Sales, Finance and IT teams collaboratively to understand their needs.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-volume environment while remaining analytical and detail-oriented.
- Proactive, with strong organisational and decision making skills.
- Can meet and own deliverables and drive your work to completion within specified timelines from start to finish independently.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal, with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively, with an upbeat can-do work ethic where you can take ownership and have fun.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Able to manage ambiguity and complexity in a cross-functional hybrid global environment.
- There are generous benefits including pension, private medical healthcare, employee referral program and staff discounts.
- We run an incentive scheme based on both company-wide targets as well as individual performance.
- We have regular virtual and face-to-face events to help us bond and maintain our community vibe
- Self led online learning with Litmos and Linkedin Learnings, industry specific learning opportunities and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Be an advocate or ally and create connection and belonging in our employee Resource Groups such as EmpowHer and Pride
- Global Value Ambassador Program creating value inspired initiatives for our Prezzee People
- YuLife Wellbeing platform to support your mental, social, financial and physical wellbeing
The Prezzee Story
Prezzee is a global digital gifting platform that creates human connections through remarkable gifting moments. We create leading digital gift solutions for consumers, businesses and 1000+ brand partners across the world. Founded in 2014, Prezzee has evolved from a two person Australian start-up to a global business with teams and operations in North America, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Oh, and if you’re wondering about our culture?
Whilst our growth is compelling, we know it’s our people and culture that set us apart, and we’re equally proud of being recognised in Australia & New Zealand and in the UK as a 2022 & 2023 Great Place to Work®, as well named Foundry’s Computerworld 2024 Best Places to Work in IT.
At Prezzee, every team member plays an important role in the business, leaving a unique footprint on Prezzee’s journey. Our team may be spread out across multiple time zones, but our core values remain the same no matter where you are in the world. As a future employee of Prezzee, you’re signing up to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most importantly, always give a damn
Prezzee is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is the key to building the best products for our customers, team culture and growing our global business. Our diversity mission is for our people to be their most authentic selves, to inspire, innovate and celebrate within a culture of belonging. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
We are looking for people to help create human connections, make magic and shape the future of gifting so even if you don’t think you quite tiick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application and recruitment process, We also encourage you to let us know of your pronouns at any point of the process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £60,000 - £90,000 a year⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 25-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 14-04-2024🌏 London
⏰ 15-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 17-03-2024🌏 London
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £40,000/yr - £45,000/yr⏰ 30-03-2024🌏 London
💸 £35,000 - £40,000 a year⏰ 14-04-2024🌏 London
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 London