Marketing Assistant Apprentice
Update day: 07-05-2023
Location: Cheltenham South West
Category: Printing / Publishing
Job type: Apprenticeship
We are looking for a marketing apprentice who has initiative to join our busy team to promote all aspects of our retail floristry business, including both products and services, whilst studying towards your Marketing Assistant Standard qualification.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2021
30 hours per week. 11 AM to 6 PM, 1 hour for lunch, days TBC.
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
17 Jan 2022
3 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
As part of the Make Their Day Florist team, the Marketing Assistant will contribute to the implementation of the marketing strategy and plans. We value your ideas and knowledge.
Our Marketing Assistant will be responsible for delivering day-to-day marketing activities across a multitude of platforms, channels and systems that are essential to the marketing function and activities of Make Their Day Florist.
We are a small, tight-knit company with a big vision. Not only will you be an integral part to the overall marketing strategy, you’ll also get to be hands on in the shop, working closely with your colleagues to build your knowledge and skillset whilst working towards your qualification. You’ll need to develop a solid understanding of your target audience and use your own initiative and ideas to market to them.
We are in an exciting position to expand and develop on a wider customer base and the Marketing Assistant apprentice will be the driving force behind this. Having an interest in floristry, plants, gardening or horticulture will be of a real benefit for you in this role and provide an opportunity to combine those interests and hobbies into a career.
Bringing new ideas and initiative, our Marketing Assistant will be trained to deliver customer focussed marketing activities that drive the demand for our products and services through awareness raising. The customer is at the heart of everything we do and understanding our desired audience is imperative to this position.
- Market research for the different facets of the business, identifying who the target customer is and what they want, promoting our products and services in different ways and places
- Creating, editing, and publishing content on social media, for printed material, updating our website and electronic devices for use in the shop e.g., preparing and maintaining a digital wedding brochure
- Monitoring and evaluating marketing delivery effectiveness by using data collected from the shop as well as using content management software
- Managing the cataloguing of digital and offline marketing assets so that other team members can find and use them
- Monitoring marketing expenditure
- Implementing marketing activities e.g. organising workshops and events. Communication with internal and external stakeholders
In their daily work, a Marketing Assistant interacts with a wide range of internal colleagues and external marketing suppliers.
The role is likely to be primarily shop-based, although some time may be spent away from the shop in meetings with external marketing suppliers, marketing research suppliers, attending workshops and events, visiting clients, trade shows, or supporting research activities.
Requirements and prospects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent numeracy and literacy
- Proficient in social media and how to target an audience
- Willing to learn new skills and apply them in a different ways
- Excellent communication skills, personable, trustworthy, have creative flair
- Being customer focussed and having an interest in floristry will be a considerable benefit to this role
- Essential - GCSE, or equivalents, 9-4 (A*-C) in English and maths
- Desirable - 5 GCSE’s, or equivalents, A*-C (4-9) including English, maths and IT
- Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship
Things to consider
- This is a new position, and the candidate needs to be able to work independently, but under guidance
- Holiday entitlement: Standard (28 days) including Bank Holidays
About the employer
Make Their Day Florist is in Charlton Kings, Cheltenham who deliver all your floral wishes for every occasion. Our friendly, personal service and extensive product knowledge means we will satisfy your every requirement.
Our shop is bursting with glorious flowers, all lovingly gift- wrapped and hand delivered the same day which are guaranteed to bring a smile. We create a wide range of arrangements from simple to stunning, contemporary to traditional, designed to communicate your own special message to suit every taste and budget.
Make Their Day Florist
Lyefield Road West
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gloucestershire College
GC Employer Training and Apprenticeships Team 01452 563 400 email@example.com
- Level 3 Marketing Assistant Standard
Level 3 (A level)
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 £21,000 - £23,000 a year⏰ 16-07-2023🌏 Stonehouse, South West
⏰ 15-06-2023🌏 Tetbury, South West
💸 £40,745 - £45,737 a year⏰ 17-06-2023🌏 Bristol, South West
💸 £35,411 - £37,261 a year⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 Bristol, South West
💸 £30,000 a year⏰ 14-06-2023🌏 Warminster, South West
💸 £33,830 a year⏰ 14-06-2023🌏 Gloucester, South West
⏰ 24-06-2023🌏 Bath, South West
💸 £28,000 a year⏰ 16-06-2023🌏 Gloucester, South West