Update day: 12-02-2024
Category: Architecture / Interior Design
Nordson Test & Inspection, a leading provider of advanced inspection and testing solutions, is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team in Aylesbury. United Kingdom, as a Product Line Manager Automated X-Ray Metrology. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we are looking for candidates who share that same commitment.
Summary of the role
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, where your ideas and contributions will be valued and respected. As Product Line Manager you will manage the product life cycle to ensure that it meets the requirements of customers. You will create the product development strategy and oversee multiple teams involved in the process to deliver a product that will satisfy the customer base. You will work with other department heads such as the Sales teams, Applications Engineering, Customer Service Representatives etc. Establish the key features of a product and use market trends and customer buying habits data to create specifications and prototypes. You also develop strategies for positioning and pricing products as well as the strategy for end-of-life and simplification.
You will be responsible for setting the direction, leading and managing the Product Line (PL) globally to maximize sales revenue and profitability, in alignment with the financial and strategic plans for the T&I business. As a key member of the cross-functional PL team, drive excellence in all aspects of the business through implementation and application of the Nordson NBS Next and ASCEND strategies.
Role and Responsibilities
- Product Line Roadmap:
- Assume ownership of the Product Roadmap for the Automatic X-Ray Semiconductor Metrology Product Line, with market input from Sales, technical input from Engineering, and manufacturability input from Operations.
- In close collaboration with the Regional Sales teams, and backed up with market intelligence, develop a product & feature roadmap which meets future customer needs and delivers revenue growth through the development of Top New Products.
- In close collaboration with the Engineering team, specify the product requirements for development, adjusting and refining them as needed in line with market requirements.
- In close collaboration with the Operations Director, identify and mitigate risks related to manufacturing, sourcing, and quality for the roll-out of Top New Products on the Product Roadmap.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to identify, feedback requirements for, and incorporate new technology innovations into our long-term Product Roadmaps.
- Manage and communicate relevant market intelligence, ideas, competitive activity and other relevant information to Engineering, Regional Sales, Service, and Applications teams.
- Using input from the Regional Sales teams, identify competitor products and systems that should be benchmarked against our own products, to help identify how we differentiate against them.
- Together with the PL Manager for service & spares, manage the product life cycle to maximize aftermarket revenue, while ensuring the ongoing rationalization and simplification of the product portfolio.
- Strategic Product Marketing contribution:
- Support the Global Product Marketing Manager (GPMM) in developing annual and strategic marketing plans which are suitable for the Product Line
- Develop and present business proposals for emerging markets and applications for T&I products, with support from the GPMM.
- Support the GPMM who will generate content for Regional Sales teams such as sales presentations, brochures, application notes, specification data sheets, web information and other promotional activities.
- Support the GPMM who will provide product training for Regional Sales teams, internal staff, and representatives.
- Product Line Commercials:
- Assume commercial responsibility for the Product Line and specifically Top New Products revenue and gross margin.
- On an annual basis, support the development of our five-year strategic plan identifying market and business opportunities and strategic direction for the Product Line with regard to Product Innovation.
- Define the price lists for the Product Line, regularly reviewing and optimizing them in line with the Gross Margin commitments for the business. Ensure that pricing is optimized regionally, all price lists are current and accurate at all times.
- Where appropriate, work with the other Product Line Managers to maximize sales opportunities across all product lines.
- Support the service & spares organization in ensuring that revenues are maximized.
- Provide accurate monthly and quarterly forecasts for the Product Line and specifically Top New Products.
Skills and Qualifications
- Professional engineering and/or business qualifications.
- Master and/or PhD Degree.
- Strong business development, and product management experience, including ownership of product roadmaps.
- A breadth of wider business knowledge covering engineering (technology innovation, product specification & system architecture, product development)
- A background in, or a strong knowledge and understanding of, the Semiconductor manufacturing market segment.
- Excellent influencer with experience managing remote international teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage and range of stakeholders including maintaining excellent relationships across the Regional Sales teams, and understanding cultural sensitivities.
- Travel to trade shows, key accounts, and to other relevant T&I sites both in the UK and overseas.
We offer a flexible work schedule, a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for growth and development. Our benefits do further include:
- Employee Incentive Plan
- Pension scheme
- Possibility to join our Healthcare scheme Aviva, including optical and dental support
- 25 vacation days
- Free parking
About Nordson Test & Inspection
At Nordson Test & Inspection, we value diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply.
Our recruitment process is designed to identify the best qualified candidates for the role, and we are committed to ensuring a fair and equitable interview process. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for inclusion, diversity and equity, and the ability to contribute to a culture where all employees feel valued, respected, and included.
If you are interested in being a part of a team that is dedicated to providing advanced inspection and testing solutions and creating an inclusive and diverse workplace, please apply online with your CV.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Master’s (required)
- Product management: 5 years (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
Ability to Commute:
- Aylesbury, HP19 8RY (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Aylesbury, HP19 8RY: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Guildford, South East
⏰ 22-03-2024🌏 Hook, South East
⏰ 26-03-2024🌏 Milton Keynes, South East
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Milton Keynes, South East