R&D Tax Manager
Update day: 06-05-2023
Location: Farnborough South East
Category: R & D IT - Software
Industry: Staffing Recruiting
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentCMA are currently working alongside a firm of accountants looking to hire an R&D Tax Manager into their highly successful tax team. This role could be a good opportunity for an experienced Assistant Manager as well as a Manager who is looking for progression. This is a leading role within the Firm’s rapidly expanding Innovation and R&D team focused on assisting innovative clients with their tax affairs, including the preparation and submission of R&D and Patent Box claims together with provision of advice around all aspects of the innovation life-cycle.
What Will The Role Involve
The role includes the provision of proactive advice and commercially appropriate tax planning, developing new business opportunities and contributing to the management and development of the Innovation and R&D team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Identification of potential R&D claims and associated discussions with clients and prospects.
- Preparation and review of R&D reports for submission to HMRC.
- Deliver corporate tax client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships.
- Provide technical advice and support to colleagues in relation to innovation incentives and tax planning for innovative companies.
- Provide support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities.
- Ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, and developing referrer base.
- Coach and train junior staff and trainees in developing their technical, client relationship and business development skills.
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
- ATT/ CTA qualification is preferable but we would consider those qualified by experience.
- High level of R&D technical expertise and commercial application.
- Experience of preparing and submitting R&D claims is essential.
- Practical experience in R&D tax planning.
- Previous experience of Patent Box claims is desirable.
- Self-starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team.
- Excellent client care.
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing.
- Ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand.
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package.
- Flexible working.
- Opportunity to be part of a market leading firm in a high growth team.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 Milton Keynes, South East
💸 £28,057 - £30,390 a year⏰ 17-06-2023🌏 Enfield, South East
💸 From £22,000 a year⏰ 17-06-2023🌏 Crawley, South East
💸 £40,000 - £50,000⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 Brighton & Hove, South East
💸 From £20,319 a year⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 Portsmouth, South East
💸 £25,000 - £30,000 a year⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 Basingstoke, South East
💸 £50,000 - £80,000⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 Oxford, South East
⏰ 16-06-2023🌏 Southampton, South East
💸 £50,000 - £55,000 a year⏰ 24-06-2023🌏 Banbury, South East
💸 £11.59 an hour⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 Worthing, South East