Update day: 14-02-2024
Category: Restaurant / Hotel / Tourism
About Glencor Golf Holidays Ltd
Established in 1995, we’re an independent, family-run tour operator that’s grown rapidly in recent years, providing golf breaks in the UK, Europe and beyond. From our office in York, our friendly team of golf enthusiasts offers a highly-personalised service born of a mutual love for the game and collective years of experience in the golf and travel industries. We stand out from our competitors for delivering exceptional customer service, as demonstrated by our high percentage of returning clients, our consistently-excellent independent reviews and near-perfect Customer Feedback Rating with Feefo, and our nominations for Best UK Outbound Golf Tour Operator at the World Golf Awards; for Family Business of the Year at the FamilyBusinessPlace.com Red Ribbon Awards and for the Family Business United Awards.
Due to continued growth, we’re looking to add a role based at our office in York, providing support for our Reservations & Customer Service Manager and our Sales Team to ensure we maintain and build upon our high level of service as booking numbers and customer expectations continue to grow.
You’ll join our small team in-office to achieve monthly targets while contributing to the growth of a highly-ambitious company with clearly-defined objectives.
As the Reservations & Customer Service Executive for Glencor Golf Holidays, you’ll engage with clients by phone and email as their first point of contact before, during and after their holiday. Working alongside our Reservations & Customer Service Manager and closely with our Sales Team to ensure a smooth transition from quote to confirmation, you’ll be responsible for processing client bookings with 100% accuracy, communicating with suppliers to secure all aspects of their golf itinerary. Acting in a timely, accurate and positive manner, you’ll solve challenges with availability, issue booking confirmations, process amendments, handle client and supplier payments, answer pre-departure questions, dispatch supporting travel documents and respond to post-holiday feedback.
You’ll be pragmatic in managing client expectations to ensure they know what to expect during the booking process and in the run-up to their holiday, while confidently and professionally handling any operational issues or client complaints that may arise – this will include out-of-hours support on an “on-call” rota on evenings & weekends in the unlikely event a client experiences a problem during their Glencor Golf holiday.
- Accurately process all Glencor Golf holiday bookings, ensuring accommodation, golf tee times, transport and other key components are secured at agreed rates with our supplier network in the UK, Europe and beyond.
- Communicate clearly and confidently with clients by phone and email to answer queries, resolve issues and ensure pertinent information is passed on.
- Raise accurate booking confirmations/invoices and reconcile client payments received from multiple sources.
- Handle sensitive client data in line with GDPR, and gather essential travel information, guest details and special requirements, often for large groups.
- Generate and dispatch accurate, detailed, pre-travel documentation to clients – administrative volumes can be high at peak travel times.
- Process client-requested booking amendments and pro-actively solve challenges with availability and other ad-hoc operational issues that may arise before or during the client’s holiday.
- Handle client complaints in an empathetic but confident and professional manner, liaising with suppliers where necessary to maintain supplier & client relationships and encourage repeat bookings.
- Provide out-of-hours support on an “on-call” rota on evenings & weekends in the unlikely event a client experiences a problem during their holiday.
- Harness post-holiday feedback to monitor destination experience, build product knowledge and seek improvements to our procedures and operations.
- Issue supplier payments ahead of client travel to agreed deadlines.
- Process supplier contracts and ensure our system is up to date with the correct rates.
- Assist the wider team in any additional ad-hoc tasks to help the growth of Glencor Golf Holidays Ltd.
Knowledge & Experience, Skills & Attributes
a) Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent is essential.
- Customer-facing experience is essential.
- Experience of travel industry/processes is desirable.
- Interest in travel is desirable.
- Interest in golf is desirable.
b) Skills & Attributes
- Competent IT skills and proficiency in mathematics is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy is essential.
- You should be self-motivated and organised with an ability to prioritise workloads under pressure within a team environment.
- You should demonstrate a high customer service ethic – naturally empathetic and passionate about meeting customer expectations and improving service levels.
- You should have the desire to keep pace with change, pro-actively acquiring knowledge and skills to improve service and processes as the business develops.
Benefits of working at Glencor Golf Holidays Ltd
- 25 days’ holiday a year plus bank holidays (pro-rata).
- Office based with on-site parking and sociable hours, Monday-Friday 09:00-17:30
- Enrolment into company pension scheme.
- Be an integral part of a small, dedicated team working in an informal environment with relaxed dress-code.
- Opportunity to experience our range of golf destinations at reduced rates.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £26,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 20-03-2024🌏 Goole, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £26,000 a year⏰ 12-03-2024🌏 Scarborough, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 York, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £13 - £15 an hour⏰ 15-04-2024🌏 Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 25-03-2024🌏 Wakefield, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 26-03-2024🌏 York, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 27-03-2024🌏 Rotherham, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 16-03-2024🌏 York, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 31-03-2024🌏 Goole, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 22-03-2024🌏 Chesterfield, Yorkshire and the Humber