Senior Internal Communications Manager
Update day: 06-05-2023
Location: Solihull West Midlands
Category: Marketing / PR Printing / Publishing
Industry: Real Estate
Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Internship
Job contentAbout Us….
Purplebricks is a unique tech-led estate agency. Having successfully disrupted the market with a strong focus and utilisation of technology and data, we’re on a mission to make every home move amazing!
Senior Internal Communications Manager
We are looking for a confident internal communications professional to join our Corporate Affairs team and lead our internal communications function.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), you will be directly accountable for implementing an effective internal comms strategy which brings our story to life across the organisation.
Working closely with the communications team and also the people team, you will be responsible for managing our messaging across all our internal channels, delivering a regular drumbeat of communications which highlights our business progress and priorities, with a focus on content that inspires our people.
That includes operational communications, people change, projects and campaigns. In this respect, you will work closely with members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to raise their profile and business priorities. As a public company, listed on the London Stock Exchange, it also includes the internal communications in support of financial results and other major external announcements.
You will thrive on managing multiple projects and stakeholders, often with tight timescales, and have the ability to keep focused under pressure – being the advisor on our channels, creating clear comms plans and feeling confident to challenge and suggest new ideas and ways of working.
You will be part of a small communications team, led by the Director of Corporate Affairs, which is responsible for a broader set of stakeholders, including the media. While your focus and responsibility rests with the internal communications, the desire and ability to support your team in delivering their broader comms objectives is crucial.
Although the majority of your work can be done remotely, you should be prepared to collaborate with your team at the group’s head office in Solihull on one or two days per week.
- The ideal candidate is creative by nature, excellent at building relationships, and highly effective with planning and delivery
- Ensuring the Internal Communications strategy is implemented effectively with consistent messages that support business priorities and objectives
- You will own all internal communications channels, including the development and growth of these and the day-to-day management of Workplace, Poppulo, Teams etc.
- You will be responsible for communications for our ELT and SLT – understanding the activities and opportunities coming up, enabling the team to prioritise projects
- Support stakeholders cross the business in developing and executing impactful campaigns and projects – applying detailed understanding and knowledge of the business
- You will drive a culture of communication whereby everyone takes ownership and accountability for communicating strategies and priorities
- Own the comms calendar and tracker to ensure effective delivery
- Providing branding and design support for internal collateral – working with the Marketing team when necessary
- Leading on the planning and execution of internal events – including organising bi-monthly all-company broadcasts and leadership events
- Regularly review measurement metrics to evolve future communications and measure the impact and ROI of our internal communications
- Working alongside the Director of Corporate Affairs to manage the Internal Comms budget
- A strong background in internal leadership communications and experience in a fast-paced business
- Strong writing skills, with an excellent attention to detail and the ability to tailor content dependant on audience, situation and author
- Proven ability to translate complicated messages into simple engaging language
- Excellent organisational and project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines (across multiple projects) and mobilise a wider team
- Ability to build strong relationships within the communications team and with the wider business, including senior leaders
- Confident enough in expertise and experience to challenge the status quo and offer value-adding solutions
- Strong presentation skills and willingness to host events
- Crisis communication experience
- Knowledge of internal channels – Office 365, Workplace, Teams and Poppulo with a passion for emerging digital communication
- An appreciation for the broader stakeholder landscape including the media (no direct media experience is necessary although it would be relevant)
- A team player prepared to work outside of their scope of work to ensure the team, and everyone that works in it, is successful and respected across the organisation.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 £19,340 - £30,172 a year⏰ 26-06-2023🌏 Nuneaton, West Midlands
💸 £28,000 - £30,000 a year⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Shrewsbury, West Midlands
💸 £28,416 a year⏰ 01-07-2023🌏 Telford, West Midlands
💸 £40,000 - £45,000 a year⏰ 28-06-2023🌏 Solihull, West Midlands
💸 Up to £33,000 a year⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands
⏰ 16-07-2023🌏 Kingswinford, West Midlands
💸 £29,118 - £34,000 a year⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 Coventry, West Midlands
💸 £30,000 - £60,000 a year⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 Stoke-on-Trent, West Midlands
⏰ 18-06-2023🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands
💸 £28,000 - £30,000 a year⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Birmingham, West Midlands