Senior Project Manager
Update day: 06-05-2023
Location: Liverpool North West
Category: Planning / Projects IT - Software
Industry: Software Development
Job type: Full-time
Job contentJob Description
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Reporting Relationships: Head of Web Operations
To support and assist the Head of Web Operations to meet departmental objectives. The candidate
shall require the ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects and mentor other Project Managers. To facilitate and manage the creation and development of our clients’ web sites within the framework of contractually agreed projects. The role requires very strong project management skills. It is extremely important for this person to possess excellent communication skills to routinely interact with team members and external clients. The Senior Project Manager should have a passion to help improve processes and technology within the organisation.
Special Competencies (Duties And Responsibilities)
- Resource & Project Management
- Provide end-to-end ‘hands-on’ project management of both small and large-scale projects throughout their lifecycle; From initial scoping phase, through planning, design, scheduling and development and deployment.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the assigned resource to ensure optimum use of time and effort.
- Assist with throughput of work ensuring team members always have client work assigned.
- Mentor project managers and assist with onboarding of any additional PMs
- Client Management
- Liaise with the client to ensure that the work done closely adheres to that documented within proposal / quote.
- Accurate and simplified communication with the client.
- Offering recommendations and advice to clients on a day to day basis with respect to nurturing future business opportunities for the sales team. Passing new business opportunities onto other relevant teams.
- Be authoritative and efficient; Ability to direct and lead others confidently and have tough conversations with team and our clients, where appropriate.
- Anticipating and pre-emptive
- Ensure Head of Web Operations is kept informed about project progress and/or problems that need addressing.
- Have the ability to anticipate potential issues and dependencies, highlight project risks, and manage any change to business and technical requirements by effectively suggesting solutions or contingency plans at the appropriate stage of projects.
- Oversee the testing and implementation of a web site going live to ensure that as far as possible it is free of errors. NB. This is more specifically covered in our testing procedure.
- Judgement and evaluation
- Establish if client requests fall within scope of project
- Decide if change requests can be completed with project scope, is a support task or chargeable new work.
- Chairing, managing and attending meetings
- Chair client workshops
- Instigate and chair pre, mid and post project meetings as required.
- Attend weekly project planning meetings.
- Completing/ Finishing
- Ensure that site developments are completed on time, within or under budget and that the perceived quality of the work to be of the highest standard.
- Quality control
- Ensure that site modifications are affected efficiently according to the client’s needs and budget.
- Be analytical with great attention to detail; Ensuring consistent improvement in the quality of our output
- Design and Technical Awareness
- The ability to which you understand the extent and limitations of design and the platform.
It Is Expected That All Employees
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in meeting deadlines
- Communicate clearly and concisely both when speaking and writing to colleagues and customers.
- Show the required flexibility and commitment to ensuring role requirements fulfilled and appropriate deadlines met. Reacts positively to change through working hours and adaptability to change tasks.
- Endeavour to complete assigned tasks within the required time-scales wherever possible – attention being paid to both the delivery time for the project and the quality. By being proactive employees should take a responsible attitude to making effective use of their time during the working day. Foster a proactive rather than reactive approach.
- Are able to recognise problems and suggest valuable solutions. Able to act on own initiative in presenting the best resolution to problem solving.
- React constructively to others’ suggestions and requests. Present a positive can-do approach. Present a professional response to external and internal customers.
- Minimum of four years project management experience specifically within the digital sector
- Strong experience of managing small and large-scale projects.
- Knowledge of Project Management processes.
- Maintain and develop productive client relationships during the project process.
- Strong communication skills.
- Management of projects, aligned with financial targets.
- Some line management experience preferred
Unless otherwise stated on the job description as location-specific, most of our positions are eligible for remote work. At this time, Simpleview can currently only employ remote staff who reside in the following U.S. states or Canadian province: Arizona, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Qualified candidates, please apply by going online at: https://www.simpleviewinc.com/our-world/staff/join-our-team/.
Or submit your resumes at email@example.com.
Simpleview provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 12-06-2023🌏 Runcorn, North West
💸 £27,000 a year⏰ 22-06-2023🌏 Bury, North West
💸 £25,000 - £30,000 a year⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 Salford, North West
⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 Manchester, North West
⏰ 17-06-2023🌏 Warrington, North West
💸 £12 an hour⏰ 17-06-2023🌏 Bury, North West
💸 £39,000 - £55,000⏰ 24-06-2023🌏 Manchester, North West
⏰ 27-06-2023🌏 Wigan, North West
💸 £21,000 a year⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 Widnes, North West
💸 £22,383 a year⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 Oldham, North West