Senior Software Engineer - Vida - Vice President - Markets Tech - London
Update day: 07-05-2023
Category: Architecture / Interior Design
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
The role requires a technically strong and disciplined developer. A record of delivering high quality, well-tested solutions in a mature controlled environment is a prerequisite. The role will require an ability to attain clear understanding of Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment.
Athena is J.P. Morgan’s cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income, credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
Commercial experience in performant, large-scale backend development in an object-oriented or functional language such as Python, Java, C++ or C#.
- Willingness to become proficient and develop in Python if not already a primary language.
- Good understanding of Agile development methodologies, responsible for elucidating and agreeing requirements, building relationships with business users, and taking ownership of deliverables all the way to the production environment.
- Focus on testing through the entire development cycle to produce reliable and maintainable software.
- Experience in micro services is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact confidently and credibly with business users, to understand and agree business requirements and their prioritisation while building a good understanding of end to end business processes.
- Enthusiastic to keep learning and growing, in technical aptitude, business understanding and personal effectiveness.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions to the business in a constantly changing environment.
- Eager to take ownership of work, have real business impact, overcome obstacles and take it through to completion, working as part of this team and collaborating with a much bigger community of developers sharing the technology and code base.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and enterprise architectures.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £60,000 - £70,000 a year⏰ 18-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 11-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £27,500 - £35,000 a year⏰ 14-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £80,000 a year⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £45,000 - £60,000 a year⏰ 19-06-2023🌏 London
⏰ 20-06-2023🌏 London
💸 £70,000 a year⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 London