Update day: 07-05-2023
Location: Middlesbrough Yorkshire and the Humber
Category: High Technology Mechanical / Technical Electrical / Electronics IT - Software
Industry: Medical Devices Biotechnology Hospital & Health Care
Position: Entry level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentStokesley, North Yorkshire (remote working with occasional travel to Novacyt sites)
We are Novacyt, a rapidly growing diagnostics group specialising in infectious diseases. We have a number of successful brands and serve a large global customer base, from hospitals to large corporates.
IT-IS International is an agile diagnostic instrument development and manufacturing company, specialising in qPCR instruments in the life sciences and food industry, using our combined skills and experience to discover a fresh approach to challenging problems. As a result of the IT-IS International acquisition, Novacyt has become a specialist in both molecular diagnostic instruments and reagents, significantly increasing our manufacturing capability to manage the demand for the genesig q16 and q32 instruments.
Now part of the Novacyt group, IT-IS forms the instrumentation division of a multinational company specialising in DNA testing on a global scale. Having in-house R&D capability as well as a rapidly expanding manufacturing team means that IT-IS can deliver precision instrumentation and software and be reactive to market demands. We have a proven track record of delivering PCR instrumentation, analysis software and services across a range of applications, with recent expansion across the group we are aiming to further grow our research and development activities to deliver the next generation of PCR technology.
As part of this process, we are scaling up our development team and are now looking for a Software Developer to join us on a full-time basis, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Group pension scheme
We are the best in the world at what we do. If you are looking to learn, grow and succeed as part of a passionate team who are eager to make a difference, we want to hear from you!
As a Software Developer, you will help to create and maintain our suite of Java desktop applications.
You will write, develop, test and maintain code to support instrumentation software and contribute to the improvement of the delivery lifecycle, through Agile methodologies, DevOps practices and frequent retrospectives.
You will also investigate and implement new technologies to allow the code to be more maintainable as the business scales.
To be considered as a Software Developer, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience in Java and Spring Boot
- An agile mindset, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a growing organisation and the understanding of the software tools and practices to achieve this
- A growth mindset, with the desire to grow personally and professionally and not be defined by one technology or way of doing things
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices, such as unit testing, SOLID principles, DevOps principles etc
- Familiarity with good software lifecycle management concepts, including Git workflow and change control, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment, issue tracking and versioning and release management
- A genuine desire to want to make a difference to people’s lives through providing customers and patients access to diagnostic services in the fight against infectious diseases
- Experience in instrumentation software and R&D, preferably in the field of Life Sciences
- Varied experience across desktop software, cloud services, firmware development, IoT, analysis algorithms and data science using a variety of languages
- Experience of development within quality systems (e.g. ISO9001)
- Experience of development within regulated applications (e.g. ISO 13485, ISO 14971, and IEC 62304)
Other organisations may call this role Developer, Programmer, Software Programmer, Java Developer, Java Software Developer, or Java Programmer.
Webrecruit, IT-IS International, Primerdesign, and Novacyt are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to help make a difference as a Software Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 £35,000 a year⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 Pudsey, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 18-06-2023🌏 Scunthorpe, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £13 - £15 an hour⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 Wakefield, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 22-06-2023🌏 Middlesbrough, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £22,568 - £24,024 a year⏰ 17-06-2023🌏 Rotherham, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £10.93 an hour⏰ 16-06-2023🌏 Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 26-06-2023🌏 Doncaster, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £25,000 - £29,000 a year⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 Sheffield, Yorkshire and the Humber
⏰ 22-06-2023🌏 Middlesbrough, Yorkshire and the Humber
💸 £400 - £750 a day⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 Doncaster, Yorkshire and the Humber