Travel and Tourism Lecturer
☞ Windsor Forest Colleges Group
Update day: 26-05-2023
Location: Slough South East
Category: Restaurant / Hotel / Tourism
Job type: Full-time
Salary: £28,743 - £41,400 a year
The Windsor Forest Colleges Group has an exciting opportunity for an inspirational and dynamic candidate to join our Langley team as a Lecturerof Travel and Tourismon a full time 1.0 Basis.
The Windsor Forest Colleges Group (TWFCG) is a leading education provider in the South-East. Our staff work across 4 main campuses at Langley, Windsor, Strodes-Egham and Berkshire College of Agriculture-Maidenhead. Our teams place the learner at the heart of all we do and in our state-of-the-art learning environments we are proud to deliver education and training to a diverse group of students and businesses each year.
To deliver and assess a range of theory and practical sessions within the Travel and Tourism study programme provision. You will teach across all levels. You will be responsible for course leadership of a cohort and its stakeholders (parents, employers), ensuring consistently high attendance, retention and achievement rates through the effective design and delivery of a dynamic and inclusive course that meets the needs of learners and is reflective of the industry.
- Provide high-quality teaching in the subject areas required, given the resources available and within the agreed and approved current timetable, with due recognition of the relevant syllabus and course specifications, including the necessary preparation of teaching notes, handouts and visual aids where required.
- To be a member of the programme area team, liaising with, Internal Verifiers and professionals, and to provide timely reports, documentation and statistics and to undertake portfolio administration associated with training and assessments.
- Keeping abreast of curriculum development, syllabus and assessment requirements relevant to the areas of teaching and competence of the post holder.
- Working effectively in appropriate team/section groups concerned with devising, reviewing and maintaining teaching and organisation strategies including attending standardisation meetings
- Work effectively within the team/s responsible for devising, reviewing and maintaining effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Support through the organisation of and/or delivery of extramural activities necessary to the student’s career and personal development.
- Provide accurate and timely data and information including registers, withdrawals and transfers, assessment and examination results, progress reports.
- Attendance at relevant parents/open evenings as required.
- Develop existing and/or new courses together with other members of the team/s.
- Undertake course leadership responsibilities..
- To ensure that equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory policies of the Centre are complied with fully.
- To generate new business for the department both by liaising with the Business Development Team and independently generating business.
For further details on this role please refer to the attached job description/person specification.
Our staff benefit from:
- Generous non-working day entitlement
- Access to excellent defined benefit pension schemes
- Access to a wide range of subsidised leisure courses
- Free on-site parking at all sites
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Family friendly policies to support Work Life Balance
- On-site Coffee Shop & Cafeteria
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and discounted hair and beauty treatments at The Salon at our Langley College site
Please be advised that the vacancy will close on Thursday 1st June 2023*.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 13th June 2023.
To apply please visit our careers page and complete the online application form.
Please ensure you pay particular attention to the supporting statement of the online application form making sure to include details of how you meet each of the essential criteria listed on the person specification.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and Barred List check along with other legally required checks which are an essential part of the safeguarding process.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Up to £25,000 a year⏰ 25-06-2023🌏 Hook, South East
💸 £14 an hour⏰ 01-07-2023🌏 Basingstoke, South East
💸 £10.50 - £11.00 an hour⏰ 21-06-2023🌏 Sevenoaks, South East
💸 From £23,000 a year⏰ 16-07-2023🌏 Southampton, South East
⏰ 16-07-2023🌏 Enfield, South East
💸 £9.50 - £10.42 an hour⏰ 23-06-2023🌏 Winchester, South East
💸 £9.25 - £10.90 an hour⏰ 27-06-2023🌏 Hook, South East
⏰ 30-06-2023🌏 Egham, South East
💸 £12 an hour⏰ 28-06-2023🌏 Thatcham, South East
💸 Up to £28,000 a year⏰ 01-07-2023🌏 Aylesbury, South East